1. I had a crab melt on Wednesday. It was glorious. I even ate all the fries, which . . . well, I never thought I’d “miss” French fries, that classic American side, but Weight Watchers definitely changed my thinking. I’m all about steamed vegetables these days. Like so many foods, enjoying them only occasionally means I actually pay attention to what I’m eating — and I loved that whole meal at Rams Head Tavern. Everything about it.
2. My sister and I are going to a fashion show tonight with a good friend, and I am so pumped about it! It’s a fundraiser for a local organization, and they asked us to bring gently-worn “wardrobe essentials” to donate to women in transition. I was all too happy to oblige. Partly because we’re prepping to move and partly because most of my work clothes don’t fit well anymore, I gathered up skirts and dresses and tops and work pants and felt so good to be cleaning out my closet — and helping someone who could use a hand. Knowing the clothes will be staying in my county feels even better.
3. I’ve joined the awesome crew at Food Riot, y’all! You can check out my early posts here and here. I’m officially on the schedule beginning next week and will have weekly posts about eating, food and all kinds of fun. I even have an official bio. Very excited about this new opportunity and hope to see you ’round those parts, too.
4. In a few short weeks, Spence and I will be traveling to Niagara-on-the-Lake with my excellent in-laws for a few days of relaxing and having fun, then hopping down to see family in New York. After such a brutal few months, packing a suitcase is helping me break through the doldrums. I have my new passport and can’t wait to use it!
5. Speaking of not being able to wait to use things, I have a $25 Lowe’s gift card that will soon be burning a hole in my pocket. The idea of me being excited to go into a home improvement store is a new sensation, but I’ve been trolling home blogs lately for some inspiration. I know nothing about decorating. My favorites so far? Definitely Young House Love, Teal and Lime and Rappsody In Rooms. If you have any suggestions for home inspiration sites you love, please share!