Though summer still spreads before us like a glorious picnic blanket, it’s already time to start talking about Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010. Last year’s festivities were such a blast, there’s no way I won’t be participating in this year’s events, too. If you’ve forgotten, friends, I interviewed Laurel Ann of Austenprose (adore her) and Tiffany of Tif Talks Books and chatted about some of my other favorite bloggers.
In between all that, I voted and communicated and found tons of new book bloggers, some of whom I still visit regularly. It was like a giant ice cream sundae for the book blogging community of which we’re all a part — a way for us to recognize each other for our hard work and dedication to the literary world. Sometimes it all goes unnoticed, we think, but then something like BBAW creeps up on us. Then? Not so unnoticed.
Voting this year is working differently than last September — mainly because now, we’re nominating ourselves! Visit the website to check out the niche categories and featured categories, then put yourself out there in the category you feel fits your blog best. This isn’t the time to be humble, friends; nominate away!
So I didn’t really know what niche category in which to settle write meg! I don’t write exclusively about any one genre and focus, instead, on young adult, women’s fiction, literary fiction, Austenesque novels and the occasional fantasy. In that vein, I threw my hat in for Best Eclectic Book Blog and Best Written Book Blog. To illustrate that, here are five posts to help me put my money where my typing is:
Best Eclectic Book Blog
• Book review: French Milk by Lucy Knisley (graphic novel/memoir)
• Book review: The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin Antalek (literary fiction)
• Book review: The Evolution Of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
(young adult historical fiction)
• Book review: North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley (young adult contemporary fiction)
• Book review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer, Barrows
Best Written Book Blog
• Book review: Fat Cat by Robin Brande
• Book review: The Help by Kathryn Stockett
• Book review: Blankets by Craig Thompson
• Book review: Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
• Book review: Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelley Rowley
Pop over and learn more about BBAW ’10!