1. I just found this Photoshop foiling tutorial and it has rocked. my. world. I’m a total typography/graphic design geek and wanted to start expanding my skills this year, and finding an easy-to-understand way to make my own cool art is fab. I made the graphic above with one of my favorite quotes in, oh, five minutes. Obsessed with all the gorgeous possibilities. New, cheap home decor — coming to a Johnson home near you!
2. So, it’s early March. Shall I pause to be accountable for some of my simplifying goals in 2014? I’ve been incredibly good about using up what I have (tea, lip products) instead of mindlessly shelling out cash for more at Target, and guess what? I’m still not out of all that stuff. Not even close. What I’m not doing so well on? Dealing with the clothes piles I accumulate rather than just hanging everything up promptly. Our bedroom is still Pile City, detour through Laundry Alley. It’s a work in progress.
3. The National Park Service announced April 8-12 as the expected peak date for Washington’s cherry blossoms this year, and we’re planning accordingly. The walking photo tours I host with my dad kick off in just a few weeks, and I am pumped. Treating myself to new sneakers so my feet are ready for our jaunts around D.C.!
4. I’m on a graham cracker kick. All the graham crackers, all the time. The low-fat ones are okay, but I’ve been saving my Weight Watchers Points for the real stuff. It’s all about deciding what’s worth it to you, right?
5. How in love am I with these ideas for home libraries? It’s all a part of that Belle/Beast book fantasy from childhood. This one is my favorite. My dreams are spun of window seats, cotton candy and novels for days.
Happy weekend, friends!
Linking up late with Five on Friday today because it’s been a long week
— and my brain is soft and sleepy. I was fairly convinced today was actually Saturday and . . . yeah.
10 thoughts on “Five thoughts on a Friday”
I feel like I’ve been living under a rock! I had no idea your family had a tour/photography business in DC. If I am in town I am really wanting to take that sunset tour. I haven’t used my camera in ages!
Love the gold foil technique… I am going to have to see if I can recreated it using GIMP (since I haven’t splurged on Elements…yet.)
Gahhh, I need to learn photoshop! Is it hard? I only use Lightroom for photo editing. That foil tutorial looks so cool! You must take lots of pictures of the cherry blossoms, sounds beautiful.
Okay, so, one year I will come visit and do a photo tour. That sounds like an excellent idea. 🙂
Love the home library ideas!
I love the foiling and the quote. That’s a good one to remember 🙂
Enjoyed your post. Wish I was there to see the spring blossoms coming out soon.
Graham crackers are amazing. I’m on a Hershey’s with almonds kick.
Reblogged this on Lita's Corner.
LOVE that foiling tutorial!! I feel quite photoshop inept in general, so figuring out how to make more artsy things is on my to-do list. 🙂
I love that graphic! I am sooooo into word art and have been thinking about making my own too. Love it.
Also, I cannot even allow graham crackers (or animal crackers) in my house. I love them so hard.
Comments are closed.