Well, friends, it’s that time again: a moment to celebrate write meg!’s birthday. This little blog is now a plump, adorable three-year-old — a toddler ready to tackle the world and evolve in exciting ways.
When I started blogging, I didn’t have any real vision for where life writing in a public forum would take me. I simply wanted a forum in which to talk about my life and books with others, fill long afternoons and connect with people outside my office walls.
Years later, I’m proud to have this little corner of the Internet to call my own — and am incredibly thankful for all the friends and colleagues I’ve made along the way. Experiences like the Book Blogger Convention have only strengthened my ties to our bookish community and made me incredibly grateful to know all of you.
Chatting about books, life, food and love has enriched my life in countless ways, I can’t imagine what I would be doing if I didn’t have recipes to share, books to rave about or photos to splash onto the screen. If I thought I loved writing and reading before, those devotions have now reached the point of obsession. But I like it that way.
Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement, support and friendship — and thanks for just being here.
Me? I’m super happy you came.
Because, like Kim, I love statistics and lists, here is write meg! in numerical form:
• June 3, 2008 — the date write meg! was born
• 240 — books I’ve reviewed to date
• 8,194 — number of comments to date
• 881 — posts, in 28 categories
• 4,555 — hits on my busiest day ever: July 27, 2010 (for this recipe)
• 256,720 — total number of hits to date
Most read posts of all time:
• An ode to my favorite fall music
• Key Lime Cupcakes bring the tangy and the sweet
• Where’s Waldo? Stirring up controversy, that’s where!
• The email that got me hungry — to help others