I am quite ecstatic to say that I’ve just signed up for another reading adventure — the Everything Austen Challenge, hosted by Stephanie’s Written Word! Running from July 1 through Jan. 1, 2010, this challenge asks participants to pick out six Austen-themed items — books, films, audio books, whatever — and complete them before New Year’s Day.
I’m a mega Austen-o-holic, so I’m thinking this isn’t going to be too challenging for me — especially since I already have two ARCs of Austen fiction to review by August! (Those could be very famous — and public — last words, I know.)
Here’s my tentative list of the Jane-related books I hope to complete:
• Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (need to buy)
• Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange (ARC, review to come in August)
• Cassandra and Jane by Jill Pitkeathley (own, TBR)
• Rude Awakenings Of A Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler (need to buy — out June 25!)
• Darcy and Anne by Judith Brocklehurt (ARC, review to come in September)
• Letters From Pemberly by Jane Dawkins (own, TBR)
And I’m sure I’ll be watching more than a few adaptations of Jane’s beloved novels, not to mention a marathon session of “Becoming Jane” — one of my favorite films of all time! Though I’ve enjoyed Austen since first stumbling across Pride & Prejudice in high school (and seeing the BBC adaptation — le sigh), “Becoming Jane” was what really ignited a major obsession with her work and learning more about her life.
Want to join in the fun? Sign up now!