James tagged me for a “six facts” meme that’s circulating, and I’m happy to oblige! I adore his dog Dennis’s blog — found right here — and his personal blog is quite interesting, too. Always nice to keep up with writers out there!
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Since I’m pretty random as a whole, here’s some more randomness to enjoy:
1. I have a gold tooth — yes, an actual, real gold tooth. It’s a crown that resulted from a particularly nasty root canal I had to have when I was 17. Didn’t think you’d stumbled across my blog for my dental history? Well, you did!
2. While I used to declare spaghetti as my absolute favorite food in the world, I now change my “favorite” food on an almost daily basis. Right now, I’m going with salmon.
3. I’m obsessive-compulsive about how my desk is organized, even if you wouldn’t really know it by glancing casually at its cluttered surface. I can usually tell if the slightest thing has been touched. The same goes with my room.
4. I always have a random girl crush on a hot celebrity. In the past I’ve swooned over Josh Hartnett, Apollo Anton Ono, Taylor Hanson, James McAvoy, Justin Timberlake, John Mayer and Rob Pattinson. Now, it’s Pattinson — obviously.
5. Pink is my favorite color. I would eat pink-colored food, wear pink-colored clothes and dance around singing songs about pink all day long! If I wouldn’t get fired or punched. Or possibly taken in for psychiatric counseling.
6. As a child, I wanted to grow up to be a painter. I don’t know where I got that from — I’m not particularly artistic — but I’d grown out of it by the time I was seven and I wrote my first poem. Aptly titled “Rain,” it chronicled the descent of a raindrop on a dreary day. And I knew I would never create a masterful painting — I was going to have to write. And write I have, and will continue to do!
And I’ll go ahead and tag the next six, if they haven’t already completed this one!