This week’s Tuesday Thingers question from the Boston Bibliophile:
“Popular this month on LT: Do you look at this list?
Do you get ideas on what to read from it?
Have you read any of the books on the list right now?
Feel free to link to any reviews you’ve done as well.”
I do check out the list! I’m not usually too up on the “current” hot books, just because I find it difficult to scrounge up the dough needed for the hardcovers, but I do pick up some of the popular books after reading lots of great reviews of them online. I love to know what other people are reading, so I do check out the list and take that into consideration when investing in books.
Here’s the list of the top 10 most popular books on LibraryThing at the moment:
1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
3. Nation by Terry Pratchett
4. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
5. Anathem by Neal Stephenson
6. American Wife: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
8. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel by David Wroblewski
9. Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland
10. Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by Stephenie Meyer
Of the ten, the only one I’ve read is Meyer’s Eclipse — one of my favorites in the series! I have Guernsey Literary . . . on my Christmas list. Everyone seems to be raving about it. I showed it to my sister at Borders the other day — hopefully she’ll take my recommendation to heart. Otherwise I’ll be dashing out myself to grab it after the holidays!